Charge entry is very essential in medical billing. It includes many steps from the patient inquiry to referring client specifics. AccQdata billing resource team is having substantial experience and understanding of the healthcare industry. AccQdata’s staff is having excellent skill-sets in handling charge entry for different medical billing specifications. We are working on the charge entry process step by step, such as receipt of files to client feedback.
We provide charge entry as a part of the medical billing revenue cycle management or as an independent service. Charge entry impacts heavily on the revenue cycle. Assigning medical codes is an integral part. It increases the chances of making a critical mistake that can cost thousands of dollars in lost revenue.
Steps of charge entry in medical billing
- Routing scanned super Bills to the team members
- Review patient demographics on the system/posting of ICD/CPT codes and associated charges
- Submission of claims to the clearinghouse
- Internal audit to assure accuracy service levels are exceeded or not
During the coding phase of medical billing charge entry, identify the mistakes. Use this data to create a best practice document for your medical coding team. This ensures that a common mistake is addressed and corrected before being sent out. It decreases the chances of claims denial.
Some important tips of charge entry:
- After gathering visit information and patient billing, Double – check the information for accuracy before entering it into the system.
- Identify the area of all information that is typically missing or incorrect. Then deliver a clear instrument to the patient or front desk staff for gathering information correctly.
- Make sure that your team of medical coders has the latest information details on the recognized coding systems.